With the rise in construction and infrastructure development activities across India, the demand for quality TMT steel bars is simultaneously on the rise. Manufacturers of TMT steel bars are witnessing a surge in demand and in production of this essential commodity, pertaining to the industry. With the rise in demand, the market might see rise in supply, as well. However, it is important to note that not every bit of steel on sale in the market is purchase-worthy. It is extremely important to do some homework regarding the credentials of the manufacturer, the quality of raw material used, the manufacturing process and last but not the least, the handling and storage capabilities of the company.
Proper storing and handling of TMT steel bars, at every stage of its use is extremely important, or it may result in damage of the bars. Damaged or corroded steel rebars, when reinforced with concrete, could impact the performance of the overall structure. Any oversight concerning this could result in an accident later and be injurious to both life and property.
While manufacturers must ensure proper handling and storage at their end, it is also important that builders pay attention to this aspect as well. TMT bars at the construction site have to be handled in pre-defined ways, starting with unloading to hoisting, stacking, cutting, bending, fabrication and welding. Here are a few pointers regarding storing and handling of the TMT bars so as to fortify the tensile strength of the concrete structures.
- Steel is reactive to moisture and dust. Therefore, TMT steel bars at construction sites be stored in a covered shed or wrapped with some polythene sheets Stacking of the TMT bars is The stacking height should be altered for different diameters. Ensuring the right stacking height is important to secure it against sliding or collapse Improper stacking may negatively affect the rib structure of the steel bar and will reflect on the surface characteristics. This will ultimately impact the overall tensile strength of the TMT bar
- TMT bars must be categorized according to their length, starting from 5.6mm to 32mm.
- For the perfect distribution of load, 1-2 meter of space must be maintained in between two bundles of TMT bars
- Excessive transverse and longitudinal load may damage the rib structure and significantly reduce the concrete bonding strength A raised wooden platform is required at the site, to prevent direct contact with the mud covered ground Categorical placement of display boards makes it easier to identify the required stack of TMT bars.
- Radha Tmt Offers the New tmt bar fe 550 and Rhino 600+ ,and Fe550D.
Article By: RADHA TMT
GST Number: 36AADCR6508A1ZQ